Plenary Report Sunday
Reports from the 2010 ANM
PLENARY 2010 – SUNDAY, JUNE 27, 2010
NO FOOD ANYWHERE!!!!! PEOPLE HAVE GONE ON FOOD RUN!!!!! THANKS, DAVID & JULIA, AND FARHEEN & MICHIGAN GREENS
Facilitator: George Martin
CALL TO ACTION
Agreed by consensus to add an item to the agenda, requested by Jack Ailey, IL.
Karen Young, Brent McMillan and Jody Grage (see presentation – powerpoint, charts and kit will be linked to this page)
Karen Young reviewed a new online organizing kit. Thanks to Brent and Karen, and web manager Dace Doonan! Check it out!
II. Platform Report – Marnie Glickman reviewed work from yesterday and plans for next steps. Further reports will be posted to this page and/or now on the voting page.
III. Jack Ailey, Alberto Boccanegra, IL. Concerns regarding Free and Equal.
Alberto Boccanegra: F&E is a for-profit corporation. Two members showed up in yesterday’s plenary and were asked to leave (per out bylaws) – delegates and observers approved by states & staff. Christina Tobin went online and posted on Facebook that Brent McMillan refused to allow them access to the GPUS. She knew it was not true. She has a reputation for creating trouble throughout the country. Mis-represents connections to the Green Party, work. Her father, Jim Tobin, is one of the main founders of the Tea Party.
IT IS ASKED THAT NO FURTHER DISCUSSION TAKE PLACE UNTIL AFTER THE POTENTIAL TEXAS COURT CASE.
IV. MORE on FUNDRAISING
Karen Young – we were unable now to have had a discussion about fundraising, which will have a result on our budget this year. When we set an agenda in the future, stick to time. We wil not have the opportunity to get input and wisdom of people here in person.
All are welcowm to join the fundraising committee, we can work on this there. If you’d like to join email – firstname.lastname@example.org Conference calls are every other Monday.
Micahel Canney – use FundCom to facilitate discussion on “natlcomaffairs” about fundraising.
Jody – budget process will probably start the end of August. Good to hear from people early on (rather than mid-November).
V. FINAL WORDS
i. George Martin –
1) Our country needs us, we need to do what we need to maintain our current structure to be able to makle sure things don’t fall through the cracks, keep functioning; he charged the SC with this responsibility.
2) We aren’t th party we had in 2000. We know what the current political atmosphere is. From the standards of persons of color, our internal structure has fallen apart. We had a diversity committee charged with developing caucuses, diversity. Take responsiblity to look at caucus requirements. Black Caucus is interested in assisting Latino group forming an accredietd caucus.
ii. Detroit Greens on the stand. Lou Novak, Clyde Shabazz. Clyde thanked Lou and Fred Vitale, Lynne Meadows (who oversaw the silent auction), and thanks to Doug Campbell transit service. Lou thanked local Greens, George Martin, Wayne Turner (AnmCom co-chair).
The success of the GP doesn’t depend on the people in this room, but on the millions of poeple across the US who want to join us. Any time you want to prevent someone from particiapting in the GP, we do a dis-service to them, to our party and 10KV. The open-ness and transparency we want to see in our government we need to see here. The door should always be opn.
MEETING ADJOURNED, 12:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, JUNE 27, 2010
IV> 2 critical items (George Martin) TBA
- Annual National Meetings
- 2001 • Founding Meeting of the Green Party of the United States
- 2003 • GPUS National Conference
- 2005 • Green Party National Meeting
- 2006 • Annual National Meeting
- 2007 • Green Party National Meeting
- 2009 • Green Party Annual National Meeting
- 2009 Annual National Meeting Participant Survey
- Executive Director Report, 2009
- Finance Committee Report – July 2009
- Green National Committee Business Meetings / Special Events
- International Committee Report – 2009
- July 2009 GPUS Forum Managers Report
- Saturday, July 25
- Senate and House Committees, 2007
- Sunday, July 26
- 2010 • Green Party Annual National Meeting
- Election Tabulation Committee report
- Elections Working Group
- FinCom Workshops
- GPUS GNC ANM – Strategic Plannign Session, Part II
- Gpus Strategic Planning Session – ANM 2010
- National Women’s Caucus report
- Platform Session: Green Party Platform (July 26th)
- Plenary Report Friday
- Plenary Report Sunday
- Report from Brent McMillan, Executive Director
- Saturday Morning Work Session
- Strategic Planning: Building the party
- Treasurer’s Report
- Web Manager report
- 2011 • GPUS Annual National Meeting
- 2012 • Annual National Meeting & Presidential Nominating Convention
- 2013 • Green Party Annual National Meeting