Complaints considered by the Accreditation Committee must relate to one or more of the following: the application for affiliation; the continued validity of affiliation by a state, caucus, or other group within the purview of the Accreditation Committee; or other matter specifically relating to the duties of the Accreditation Committee. Complaints relating to other matters or conduct by a group or individual are not considered by this committee and will be returned with information on appropriate procedures.
This complaint form should be sent to the Co-Chairs of the Accreditation Committee, HollyHart or Tamar Yager and should contain the following information:
- Name of Individuals or Group Filing the Complaint:
- Contact Information:
- Date Complaint is filed:
- Name of Individual or Group against whom complaint is filed:
- Contact Information for that Individual or Group:
- Summary of the Complaint-provide date, situation, etc.:
- Specific Bylaw, Rule, Procedure, Policy, or other legal document that was violated:
- If any other Green Party committee, caucus, etc. has been involved in this issue, information about the nature the involvement and who was who
- was involved.
- Action requested by the individual or group making the complaint:
- Appendices: Include documentation such as minutes, bylaws, e-mails, etc.
The policies and procedures for filling a complaint and the processing of such complaint are as follows.
For individual Greens:
- Greens who wish to lodge a complaint or grievance against an affiliated Green Party in the state in which they reside or a caucus with which they identify must first exhaust the complaint process of that state’s Green Party or caucus.
- If it can be demonstrated that the complainant’s state party or caucus has not addressed the grievance in a timely way, the AC, at its discretion, can decide to hear the grievance after giving the state party or caucus notice.
Complaints must be submitted on the AC complaint form and signed by three Greens with standing before being reviewed by the committee. (To have standing a Green must reside in the state or identify with the caucus against which they are lodging a complaint.)
- Green Party or caucus members with a grievance are required to complete and submit the AC complaint form to their state party or caucus and copy the AC.
- After 30 days, the AC will inquire to see that the state party or caucus has initiated their process for review of complaints. If no action has been taken, the AC will remind the state party or caucus that action must be taken within the next 30 days. State parties or caucuses who have entered into the “grievance” process in good faith but need more time to address the complaint must ask the AC for an extension in writing.
For State Parties or Caucuses:
- Accredited State Parties or Caucuses who wish to lodge a complaint or grievance against another accredited state party or caucus must submit their complaints on the AC complaint form. The complaint must be filed by the Executive Committee or membership of the state party or caucus in accordance with that state party’s or caucus’ bylaws.
- A state party or caucus with a grievance is required to complete and submit the AC complaint form to the other state party or caucus and copy the AC.
- After 30 days, the AC will inquire of the state party or caucus to see if the grievance has been resolved. State parties or caucuses who have entered into a “grievance” process in good faith but need more time to address the complaint must ask the AC for an extension in writing.
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Steering Committee