Eco-Action Minutes 2017-02-26
Minutes of EcoAction Committee Conference Call on Sunday, February 26, 2017
In attendance were:
Anika Obfori (LA), Tim Willard (MD), LuAnne Kozma (MI) Andrew Chiang and Neal Gale (PA), Audrey Clement (VA).
GPNJ DAPL Divestment Proposal.
LuAnne reported that the SC withheld the GPNJ sponsored Dakota Pipeline (DAPL) Divestment proposal from the NC voting queue because it was not clear in what it asked the NC to do and because the timeline for action was unrealistic.
EcoAction has agreed to form a subcommittee to redraft the proposal, which LuAnne has agreed to lead. Other subcommittee members are Anika Obfori, Heather Warburton (NJ), Rob Campellone and Audrey Clement (VA).
Anika recommended that the subcommittee solicit input and feedback from the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. LuAnne agreed and said she met Angela Biven, the lead attorney for Standing Rock, who can direct her to the right people.
Proposal to Endorse Several Climate Marches.
As sponsor of the proposal, Audrey agreed to a friendly amendment from Anika to amend proposal to list satellite marches throughout the U.S. among those endorsed by GPUS.
Adopted by consensus was a proposal from Luanne that EcoAction take the lead in organizing for the massive April 29 climate march by inviting state parties to participate in upcoming EcoAction Committee conference calls.
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages Editorial Board
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Candidate Questionnaires for the 2016 GPUS Presidential Nomination
- Candidates seeking the 2016 Green Party presidential nomination
- How to Seek the Green Party’s presidential nomination (2016)
- Outreach and Exploratory Candidate questionnaire for the 2016 GPUS presidential nomination – Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Presidential Campaign Calendar 2015-2016
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Members
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Mission Statement
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Reference Documents
- Presidential Support Campaign Committee – Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Candidates Seeking the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nomination
- What the GPUS has to offer to a prospective Green presidential candidate (2016)
- Steering Committee
- Steering Committee – Committee Assignments (2016 – 2017)
- Steering Committee – Minutes
- Steering Committee – Past Elections and Members
- Steering Committee – Sub-Committees
- Steering Committee – Databases and Web Access Polices
- Steering Committee – GPUS Personnel Manual
- Steering Committee – Internal Procedures
- Steering Committee – Rules, Policies & Procedures