Media Committee – Rules
1) To develop and implement a comprehensive media strategy for the USGP
2) To achieve maximum coverage of GP in National Press
3) To facilitate State and Local GP media persons/committees in achieving maximum GP coverage
4) To facilitate communication and coordination between National and State/Local media efforts
Each affiliated state may appoint up to three voting members to the Media Committee. Each accredited caucus may appoint from among its members, regardless of residence, up to three voting members.
Members who have not participated on-line, in subcommittees, or on teleconferences for 90 consecutive days shall be considered inactive members at the discretion of the Co-chairs.
The Committee shall elect 2 Co-chairs, preferably reflecting gender balance. The Co-chairs shall be elected with staggered terms of two years each. If more than two candidates are nominated, the committee shall vote using IRV. Members may nominate themselves. Vacancies shall cause a vote for a replacement co-chair.
The Committee shall appoint an Administrator who will be responsible for facilitating meetings, recording minutes of meetings, managing listservs and other administrative and management work. The Co-chairs, along with the Committee Administrator, shall facilitate the work of the Committee. The Co-chairs act as Media Coordinators for the USGP.
The committee may create working groups and subcommittees.
The Media Committee shall maintain an e-mail list for all committee business. The Media Committee listserv includes all state delegates, observers and advisors to the Media Committee. Advisors are approved by the Co-chairs on the basis of their potential to contribute to the effectiveness of the committee work. They are not official voting members of the committee.
The committee holds monthly conference calls to organize its work. Notice of committee conference calls shall be sent out to the e-mail list at least a week in advance and a reminder sent out the day before the call.
During conference calls and face-to-face meetings, the committee shall seek consensus and, when necessary, vote using a 2/3 majority of participants to pass a proposal.
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages Editorial Board
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Candidate Questionnaires for the 2016 GPUS Presidential Nomination
- Candidates seeking the 2016 Green Party presidential nomination
- How to Seek the Green Party’s presidential nomination (2016)
- Outreach and Exploratory Candidate questionnaire for the 2016 GPUS presidential nomination – Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Presidential Campaign Calendar 2015-2016
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Members
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Mission Statement
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Reference Documents
- Presidential Support Campaign Committee – Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Candidates Seeking the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nomination
- What the GPUS has to offer to a prospective Green presidential candidate (2016)
- Steering Committee
- Steering Committee – Committee Assignments (2016 – 2017)
- Steering Committee – Minutes
- Steering Committee – Past Elections and Members
- Steering Committee – Sub-Committees
- Steering Committee – Databases and Web Access Polices
- Steering Committee – GPUS Personnel Manual
- Steering Committee – Internal Procedures
- Steering Committee – Rules, Policies & Procedures