August 7, 2016
GPUS Steering Committee Minutes
In Person Meeting at Presidential Nominating Convention
Sunday, August 7, 2016 – 1:00 p.m. CT
Present: Bahram Zandi, Chris Blankenthorn, Paul Pipkin, Tamar Yager, Jan Martell, Jeff Turner, Charles Ostdiek, Andrea Merida, Sanda Everett, Darlene Elias, Brian Bittner, Darryl Moch. Absent: Audrey Clement. Facilitator: George Friday. Observing: Budd Dickinson, Bruce Hinkforth, Mike Feinstein, Jesse Moorman.
Agenda additions: Mike Feinstein wants 10 minutes to discuss the Elections Database; FPVA discussion; Jeff has a request from FinCom for decision; Darlene requested discussion of roles first, as she will have to leave.
George asked new and old SC members to state their vision for 2018. This was followed by an overview of operations and responsibilities from current members.
Updating the Elections Database – Mike Feinstein. Proposal to form a working group (Feinstein, Seth Woolley, David Doonan) to redesign the Elections Database, which is not functional or fixable acc. to Matt Cleveland who designed it as a stopgap. It will cost a few thousand, but not 10. The SC will make a decision online on approving the work; meanwhile Mike can get some quotes. There is a Bernie-or-Bust person who would be good for this work – David Cobb and Bruce Dixon have his email.
Green Party of the Americas – Sanda. Mexican co-chair who was heckled on stage at the Convention wants an apology. Jan will craft a letter with Andrea’s help, which apologizes for lapse of protocol in not informing him in advance of the likely reaction, and also explain our democratic way of doing meetings. SC will approve before sending.
Some suggestions were made for more effective meetings – SC more visible as leaders; more proactive as liaisons; make liaison reports part of standing business on calls; have regional ANMs in off years.
Present: Bahram, Chris, Paul, Tamar, Jan, Jeff, Charles, Andrea, Sanda, Brian. George remained as facilitator. Decision Item to give staff (Star, David, Scott, Cynthia) a one-time bonus of $500 net passed by consensus. A proposal to increase hours for Starlene and Cynthia to ¾ time temporarily starting Aug 1 through November 30 passed by consensus. Employees will record hours worked using the online time system. Andrea agreed to join the Personnel Working Group, which will consider new hires.
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages Editorial Board
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Candidate Questionnaires for the 2016 GPUS Presidential Nomination
- Candidates seeking the 2016 Green Party presidential nomination
- How to Seek the Green Party’s presidential nomination (2016)
- Outreach and Exploratory Candidate questionnaire for the 2016 GPUS presidential nomination – Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Presidential Campaign Calendar 2015-2016
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Members
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Mission Statement
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Reference Documents
- Presidential Support Campaign Committee – Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Candidates Seeking the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nomination
- What the GPUS has to offer to a prospective Green presidential candidate (2016)
- Steering Committee
- Steering Committee – Committee Assignments (2016 – 2017)
- Steering Committee – Minutes
- Steering Committee – Past Elections and Members
- Steering Committee – Sub-Committees
- Steering Committee – Databases and Web Access Polices
- Steering Committee – GPUS Personnel Manual
- Steering Committee – Internal Procedures
- Steering Committee – Rules, Policies & Procedures