October 9, 2016
GPUS Steering Committee Minutes
Sunday, October 9, 2016 – 8:00 p.m. ET
I. CALL SETUP & BACKGROUND
a) Facilitator: Sid Smith
b) 712-451-0019, access code 926334, ref #12
c) Present: Jan Martell, Darryl Moch, Tamar Yager, Bahram Zandi. Absent: Brian Bittner, Chris Blankenhorn, Darlene Elias, Sanda Everette, Andrea Merida. (NO QUORUM) Observers: Starlene Rankin, Jeff Turner.
d) Agenda revisions: none
II. OLD BUSINESS
a) Elections database discussion – Jan. The budget amendment proposal 850 is set to be passed by the NC. There may be some unanswered questions about what exactly we will be getting in Phase I. Tamar suggested setting up a conference call including SC members, Hillary from CCC, David Doonan, and Kendra Markle.
b) Report of online endorsement of “Occupy Inauguration.” – Andrea. SC members voted to endorse with 8 yes votes, one member absent (Brian).
III. STANDING BUSINESS
a) Treasurer’s Report – Jeff, standing in for Brian. Sent cash report, there’s about $124K in the bank, plus $5K that came in on Wednesday with about $10K in checks Brian is writing leaving $119K ($37K in reserves, $84K available). Tamar asked for figures from Jeff and Brian so she can reconcile ANM; Jeff said he would send them right after the call. Tamar will send Jeff BAC and CCC earmarks.
b) Fundraising Report – Tamar. Sent income report for August and September. Latest e-blast doing well; $2500 donation from one donor. Sanda is making thank-you calls. Proposal to use phone-banking co. was sent to FinCom but hasn’t been considered yet. This co. wants 50% of pledges, not 50% of actual money brought in.
c) Personnel WG Report – FinCom has recommended hiring an accountant. PWG is working on an ad for Political Director/Organizer to run on IdeaList, keeping duties/responsibilities broad to bring in more people. Working on job description, tweaking what we have.
d) Budget discussion – moved to end of call.
In the queue: 850 Budget Amendment – voting now, appears to have passed.
Received for the queue: none
IV. NEW BUSINESS
a) Dispute Resolution report – Darryl!. Report on resolution process started at the PNC, involving candidate SKCM Curry and others. The committee reached out to individuals involved within a week of the convention to explain the process and various ways to approach it, inviting launch. SKCM said she would not respond. The committee has let this go, as no one is seeking resolution, but it could be reopened in the future.
V. EXECUTIVE SESSION
III. d) Budget discussion
Jeff sent a new draft budget. Discussion included increasing line for SC face-to-face meeting to $15K, increasing income projections by $10K. Bahram asked for reimbursement for past expenses for IC members who had to pay dues and travel out of pocket. Members on the call preferred to repay FPVA, Global Greens dues (not travel) this year rather than adding it to the 2017 budget. Jeff will produce version 4 with tweaks based on comments to go to FinCom on Wed. and return for final budget discussion in 2 weeks at next SC meeting. Jan will send out items discussed here to members not present to get feedback.
TOTAL TIME: 107 minutes
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages Editorial Board
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Candidate Questionnaires for the 2016 GPUS Presidential Nomination
- Candidates seeking the 2016 Green Party presidential nomination
- How to Seek the Green Party’s presidential nomination (2016)
- Outreach and Exploratory Candidate questionnaire for the 2016 GPUS presidential nomination – Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Presidential Campaign Calendar 2015-2016
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – members
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Mission Statement
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Reference Documents
- Presidential Support Campaign Committee – Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Candidates Seeking the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nomination
- What the GPUS has to offer to a prospective Green presidential candidate (2016)
- Steering Committee
- Steering Committee – Committee Assignments (2016 – 2017)
- Steering Committee – Minutes
- Steering Committee – Past Elections and Members
- Steering Committee – Sub-Committees
- Steering Committee – Databases and Web Access Polices
- Steering Committee – GPUS Personnel Manual
- Steering Committee – Internal Procedures
- Steering Committee – Rules, Policies & Procedures