September 25, 2016
GPUS Steering Committee Agenda
Sunday, September 25, 2016 – 8:00 p.m. ET
Call-in # 712-451-0011; code 926334
I. CALL SETUP & BACKGROUND
a) Facilitator: Charles Ostdiek
b) 712-451-0019, access code 926334, ref #11
c) Present: Brian Bittner, Chris Blankenhorn, Darlene Elias, Sanda Everette, Jan Martell, Andrea Merida, Tamar Yager, Bahram Zandi. Absent: Darryl! Moch. Observing: Starlene Rankin, Jeff Turner.
d) Agenda revisions: Discussion about meeting schedules around holidays was added to the end of the agenda.
II. OLD BUSINESS
a) Liaison assignments check-in – Jan read out liaison assignments from last meeting notes. No changes.
b) Capacity building update – Tamar. Personnel Working Group has not yet found an agreeable meeting time, will work on finding a time when most if not all can call in. Discussion about prospective hires – members expressed need for full-time Political Director. Jan will post to the listserv results of previous discussions and decisions.
c) Elections database proposal sponsorship and findings for decision (see addenda below) – Sanda. After a brief discussion, proposal was passed by consensus. Tamar will be Floor Manager, asked Jan to post to the voting page.
III. STANDING BUSINESS
a) Treasurer’s Report – Brian. $122K in the bank. Completed signatory changeover at Signal CU, still working with Jeff and others to finalize details of transferring Treasurer responsibilities – thanks to those who have helped with tasks in the interim. Working with Nationbuilder and Payflow to find a permanent solution to fraudulent donations. Jeff said he sent a cash report, and it reflects $112K in the bank. Tamar will get ANM figures to Brian, waiting for Stein campaign $16K share of catering costs and some other outstanding items before final report can be made.
b) Fundraising Report – Tamar. Letter went out to 9K list, all old donors 2012 and later. Sent an e-blast report, showing donation and sustainer surge even before Bernie dropped out. First Friday in July brought in 82 sustainers, Sept. 37. Want to get donor lists from all state parties on Nationbuilder, but increasing our database size may not be affordable, as NB charges go up. Jeff asked for earmarks through August to reconcile and get accurate figures to Brian. Starlene reported that her extra hours allow her to work more with state parties, training session with MA went well, would like to do more. She will have a proposal on hiring a phone-banking service prepared by next meeting.
c) Personnel WG Report – Already covered in II. b. this meeting.
In the queue: none
Received for the queue: SC budget amendment proposal approved at this meeting will enter the queue immediately.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
a) Dispute Resolution report – Darryl! Postponed, as he was absent.
b) Timing of meetings around holidays – Tamar. To avoid having meetings falling on holidays in November and December, suggest changing meetings in those months to the first and third Sundays, rather than second and fourth. Members were agreeable, so the new meeting dates will be Nov. 6th and 20th, and Nov. 4th and 18th.
Jeff added a note that we are now halfway through the budget period, due by Nov. 1, and haven’t addressed it. Need to be prepared for the next meeting.
V. EXECUTIVE SESSION
TOTAL TIME: 78 minutes
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages Editorial Board
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Candidate Questionnaires for the 2016 GPUS Presidential Nomination
- Candidates seeking the 2016 Green Party presidential nomination
- How to Seek the Green Party’s presidential nomination (2016)
- Outreach and Exploratory Candidate questionnaire for the 2016 GPUS presidential nomination – Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Presidential Campaign Calendar 2015-2016
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Members
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Mission Statement
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Reference Documents
- Presidential Support Campaign Committee – Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Candidates Seeking the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nomination
- What the GPUS has to offer to a prospective Green presidential candidate (2016)
- Steering Committee
- Steering Committee – Committee Assignments (2016 – 2017)
- Steering Committee – Minutes
- Steering Committee – Past Elections and Members
- Steering Committee – Sub-Committees
- Steering Committee – Databases and Web Access Polices
- Steering Committee – GPUS Personnel Manual
- Steering Committee – Internal Procedures
- Steering Committee – Rules, Policies & Procedures