June 11, 2017

GPUS Steering Committee Agenda
Sunday, June 11, 2017 – 8:00 p.m. ET


a) Facilitator: Sid Smith712-451-0019, access code 926334, ref #1 (137 min.)

c) Present: Chris Blankenhorn, Darlene Elias (joined late, traveling), Sanda Everette, Hillary Kane, Jan Martell, Andrea Merida, Darryl! Moch, Tamar Yager, Bahram Zandi. Observers: Starlene Rankin, David Gerry

d) Agenda revisions: Support for high-profile Greens to attend ANM, add to II.b.


a) Finance items for approval: BAC request for $1000 of budgeted funds for Utah – Jan. Approved by consensus.

b) Proposal: Apply $4000 to ANM housing and travel scholarships – Chris. This funding was found to be already a line item in the 2017 budget so a separate proposal was unnecessary. Tamar and Chris were named to a subcommittee to look at requests (about $4500 so far) and allocate funds. Darlene said the Diversity Committee needed to be involved in vetting Diversity waivers; Andrea said state parties should be involved to avoid support being given to known disruptors – Adrian could help, through his state party contacts. High profile Greens, Darryl! – Cynthia asked to come, other former candidates, Ajamu, other ANM speakers. $1500 approved by consensus.

c) Subpoena for Libertarian court case, for discussion – Jan asked for an update. Tamar said she will call the FEC and agreed to be deposed. She will report back.

d) GPAX reboot – Jan. A GPTX member wants to restart Peace Action Committee. Andrea agreed to be liaison for now to help get things moving.


a) Treasurer’s report – Darryl!. Checking $107,124, savings $74,356, Merch $20,225. Getting Hillary added to the account, Hillary and Darryl! will be on Fincom tomorrow. Important to wait to hire accountant till she can look over needs & duties list. Hillary and Cheryl will interview, Cheryl will join Fincom. Hillary said she would be exploring software options for accounting, getting advice from Jeff and Jody. Tamar asked for disbursements for FEC report, Darryl! will send again.

b) Fundraising report – Tamar. $3700 from last e-blast. Really need to get Jill to write about donations; already sent outreach, will send a fundraising one, but it should come from Jill.

c) Personnel Working Group report – Darryl!. Staff self-evaluation doc due last Friday, some are still out. Will come to SC for review. Andrea said we shouldn’t tie compensation to hitting goals & Darryl! agreed. How a staff member sees their job may not reflect party goals, so we would work to redirect and clarify.

d) ANM planning discussion – Jan has been working with Darryl!, who hasn’t had much time to work on it, planning the Saturday plenary, but is unable to complete the work due to overwhelming family issues. She asked for a volunteer to take over filling out the program and contacting people to speak and be at the caucus and committee fair. Andrea volunteered. Jan will send the program outline, can have a call with Andrea and Darryl!, Doodle poll for a day and time.

In the queue:
Platform Housekeeping proposal
Caucus Cleanup proposal
These were supposed to be up by now, Jan will follow up.

Received for the queue: none

a) Liaison reports

Chris – Green Pages will have an issue ready for the ANM.

Darlene – Outreach Committee meeting regularly, co-chairs named, liaisons to other working groups and projects. Wrapping up one survey, will have another at the ANM.

Darlene – Divcom will have elections, not building as fast as Outreach. Generated excitement and activity, looking forward to further development.

b) SC self-nominations – Jan. LuAnne Kozma has put her name forward, and Jan has decided not to run.

Entered 10:29, present: all. Staff benefits were discussed, no decisions made.