June 26, 2022

Green Party US – Steering Committee Meeting Agenda

Date: Sunday, June 26, 2022, Time: 8:00 pm ET

  • Setup and Background — 10 min

    1. Facilitator: Chris Stella, with Garret Wassermann taking minutes
    2. Steering Committee Roll Call:
      1. Margaret Elisabeth (co-chair) – present
      2. Ahmed Eltouny (co-chair) – absent
      3. Rei Stone-Grover (co-chair) – present
      4. Anita Rios (co-chair) – present
      5. Chris Stella (co-chair) – present
      6. Garrett Wasserman (co-chair) – present
      7. Tamar Yager (co-chair) – present
      8. Kristin Combs (secretary) – absent
      9. Hillary Kane (treasurer) – present
    3. Observers (remain muted and do not use chat feature):
      Starlene Rankin, Holly Hart, Joshua Scheuenmann, Gloria Mattera, Michal Mudd, Barbara Kidney, Diana C. Brown
    4. Establish Quorum (9 current members, quorum is 5)
    5. Approve Agenda (changes require majority, new items require ⅔)
  • New Business

    1. Call for ETC Elections (GW)
      Consensus for expedited election: 1 week nominations, 1 week discussion, 1 week election; starting on Monday 6/27
    2. Steering Committee election nominations (GW)
      Kristin will be unavailable through end of month; Rei motions that SC will work with staff to get SC nominees into voting queue by Fri 7/1.
    3. PicRights unlicensed images proposed settlement (HK)
      Concerns if PicRights is legitimate legal owner; due diligence. Will send another letter to ask for further verification of ownership, and ask to negotiate if so.
    4. Thank-you cards for donors for cost of $168.00 (HK)
      Previously approved on list. Have been doing this since last year.
  • Standing Business

    1. Follow-up on Action Items — 10 min
      1. get list of members in AR from NB (KC / AR)
        Kristin made a list of members and sent to Anita; Anita forwarded for action
      2. Discuss on the list a trial period for usage of Loomio, Groups.io, or something else with the SC (HK)
        Consensus: SC will draft a proposal to beta test possible platforms by inviting individuals and committees to participate and report back to SC. Chris will help draft proposal and set parameters for the test.
      3. Notify staff of 6wks FT and discuss additional (and shifted) responsibilities for staff (TY / KC / HK)
        Staff are shifted for ANM work now. Michael for fundraising, Athena for calling past members, and David will help with outreach in addition to tech.
    2. Reports — 30 min
      1. Secretary (KC)
      2. Treasurer (HK)
        Direct mailer brought in over $5000, net $1500 profit.
      3. Fundraising (TY) — 2022 ytd Fundraising income.xlsx
        Still down from where we should be. Not enough phonebankers.
      4. Staff (KC/HK/TY)
      5. ME: BAC, BMRC, DRC
        Nothing new on DRC or BMRC. For BAC, DE needs 20 more registered as Greens to qualify for ballot access. Ongoing work in AK and SD. BAC fundraising efforts. Reminded all committees to send ANM report.
      6. AE: CCC, GPAX, IC
        Hillary reporting for CCC. New member onboarding, candidate showcases at the ANM being planned.
      7. RSG: AC, Fundcom, Outreach
        Sent written report. AC recommended against Elders’ Caucus. Nothing new for Outreach. Fundcom has not had much engagement from other co-chair, discussion on fundraising emails. Hillary adds there’s a textblast for the ANM that made about $400 and 18+ registrations.
      8. AR: ANMC, Diversity, Ecoaction
        Nothing new for Diversity and Ecoaction. Sent report on ANM registrations. ANM needs room host volunteers.
      9. CS: 6_26_22_Stella_Liaison_Report.docx
        BRPP quiet. PlatCom just had elections. ARC active discussions.
      10. GW: 220626 – Green Pages, ApRevCom, PCSC, ETC
      11. TY: Media, Merch
        No Reports.

– call ended about 10:15pm Eastern, after starting late at about 8:16pm Eastern.