For persons seeking the Green Party presidential nomination
Thank you for your interest in the Green Party of the U.S. presidential nomination. The Presidential Campaign Support Committee (PCSC) is a standing working committee of the Green Party. We perform various tasks to ensure good communications between the Party and the presidential candidates. Below is the PCSC’s Candidate Questionnaire. We ask all candidates to complete this questionnaire in order to help Green Party voters understand their campaigns. This questionnaire must be returned if you are seeking party recognition for your candidacy. Please return the questionnaire as a word processing document (.rtf, .docx, or .odt format). Send to the PCSC at the address below. Your response will be made publicly available on the Green Party website. There is no deadline for responding, but the sooner you respond the better. You may revise your questionnaire after our initial submission if you think it is necessary (contact the co-chairs for details on how to do that)
Please observe all word limits.
Do not embed URLs in your answers unless the question specifically asks for URLs. You will be allowed to provide your website URL as part of the questionnaire.
Because the nature of the campaign can change over time, the PCSC permits you to resubmit your questionnaire with revisions. However, no revision will be accepted until the previous revision is older than two months.
If you have questions about the questionnaire, please contact PCSC co-chairs: email@example.com
Address for official submissions to PCSC co-chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO BE COMPLETED BY CANDIDATE AND RETURNED TO Presidential Campaign Support Committee (PCSC) Co-CHAIRS AT email@example.com:
THIS SECTION IS PUBLIC INFORMATION (TO BE POSTED ON the GREEN PARTY OF THE U.S. WEBSITE)
Your name: _______________________
- CANDIDATE VIDEO: You are invited to submit a video (of suggested length less than 3 minutes) in which you deliver your core campaign message. This submission is highly recommended but is not required to return this questionnaire.
___ My video is posted at the following URL address: ___
I will create my video later
___ I do not plan to submit such a video.
- CORE MESSAGE. Provide a written version of the core message of your campaign. [200 word max]
- KEY POSITIONS. Please list up to five policy points or positions that you would emphasize most consistently if you were speaking as the 2024 GPUS presidential nominee. [250 words max. Please number the points. ]
- GP PLATFORM. Will you advocate for the platform of the Green Party? If there are any significant platform positions which you cannot support, please state why. __ Yes, I will advocate for the platform
__ But I have a different position on the following point(s) [100 words max] :
- COMMUNICATION OF VIEWS. Please provide the URLs for any written materials or videos that demonstrate your ability to speak, debate, or communicate your views. Most helpful are media interviews or public speeches on any topic. [No more than five URL’s please.]
- ORGANIZING GOALS. What are the principle practical, measurable organizing goals that you would achieve by your 2024 GPUS presidential campaign? Such goals might include achieving ballot access, media coverage, debate participation, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, qualifying for matching funds, staffing levels, Green Party voter registration, endorsements, party building, and/or national vote totals. [120 words]
- CAMPAIGN ORGANIZING. How would you envision your campaign organizing to achieve the organizing goals listed in #6 above? [100 words max]
- PARTY-BUILDING. Presidential campaigns are legally independent entities from the political party whose nomination they received. At the same time, an important objective of the party’s presidential efforts is to build Green Party capabilities at all levels. How do you envision your campaign working with the greater Green Party to strengthen the different levels of the Party? [150 words max]
- UNIFYING THE PARTY. The GPUS is a diverse party with chapters in urban, suburban and rural communities. It includes native Americans, immigrants, black Americans, and white Americans of many different economic levels. It includes LGBTQIA+ people, straight people, unemployed people, retired people, professionals, union members, business owners and people from many walks of life. What is the vision by which you could be the nominee who receives support from all the diverse members of the Green Party? [120 words max]
- DATA SHARING. After the campaign will you share your email lists and donor lists with the Green Party so that your supporters can be contacted to ask for their continuing support for the Party and its candidates?
___ Yes ___ No
- VOTER REGISTRATION. How are you currently registered to vote (party registration, if applicable)? In which state are you registered?
- HISTORY WITH GREEN PARTY. What specific offices or positions, if any, have you held within the Green Party at either the state or local level? If none, describe any instances in which you worked in collaboration with Green Party chapters, groups or candidates.
- OFFICES SOUGHT OR HELD. For what publicly elected offices have you been a candidate or served? On which public boards or commissions have you served at the local, state, or national level?
- RELEVANT BIOGRAPHICAL NOTE. What other personal background, professional qualifications or life experiences do you have that are relevant to your being an effective GPUS candidate for president? [150 words max]
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION. How can members of the public get further information on your campaign (List all that are currently available)?
Email for questions: Telephone:
- Please attach a digital file containing a photograph of yourself suitable for posting online along with your questionnaire. [A color head shot is recommended.]
(FOR PCSC USE – NOT FOR PUBLICATION)
How can we contact you? (This is not for public release.)
___ Contact me __ Contact this person who speaks for me: ______________ Info for contact person:
Do you agree to reply promptly to inquiries from the PCSC when we are seeking information needed to help us complete our business? __ Yes __ No
[Note: Such inquiries might involve clarifications to your answers to the PCSC questionnaire, inquiries about your ballot status in a state, questions relevant to official party recognition, confirmation that you have not dropped out of the race, confirmation of your participation in a candidate forum, etc.]