Presidential Campaign Support Committee
The Mission of the Presidential Campaign Support Committee includes to ‘prepare and administer an exploratory/outreach plan to potential candidates seeking the GPUS Presidential nomination’, and to ‘represent the GPUS in coordinating communication with candidates seeking the GPUS Presidential nomination.’
Green Party 2020 Presidential Nomination Process
Every four years, the Green Party of the United States nominates its presidential and vice-presidential candidates at its quadrennial Presidential Nominating Convention. In 2016 the convention was held in Houston, Texas, August 4-7.
The Green Party has run presidential candidates in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. This year these candidates are all seeking the GPUS Nomination.
Our process for 2016 has included:
A Presidential Outreach and Exploratory Candidate Letter Questionnaire to candidates seeking our nomination. Responses to it will be published on this committee page.
Official recognition as a candidate seeking the GPUS Presidential nomination. Two candidates have currently received GPUS recognition – Jill Stein and William Kreml. To become officially recognized as a candidate seeking the GPUS Presidential nomination for President, one must demonstrate a level of grassroots support within the Green Party and a level of legal and financial organization by satisfying these criteria, including gaining signatures of support from at least 100 Green Party members on this signature form.
Decision-making by state parties regarding which presidential candidates will be placed on their primary election ballot, in states where there are Green Party primaries in 2016. Dates will be found on this calendar.
Individual state parties choosing delegates to the 2016 Green Party Presidential Convention via a variety of processes, including primaries, caucuses and state conventions, followed by
The 2016 Green Party Presidential Nominating Convention
For more information:
Candidates interested in seeking the nomination should also contact the PCSC co-chairs.
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Banking and Monetary Reform Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Candidates seeking the 2016 Green Party presidential nomination
- How to Seek the Green Party’s presidential nomination (2016)
- Outreach and Exploratory Candidate questionnaire for the 2016 GPUS presidential nomination – Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Presidential Campaign Calendar 2015-2016
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – members
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Mission Statement
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Reference Documents
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee 2016 Archive
- Presidential Support Campaign Committee – Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Candidates Seeking the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nomination
- What the GPUS has to offer to a prospective Green presidential candidate (2016)
- Steering Committee