January 30, 2022

Green Party US – Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Date: Sunday, January 30, 2022, Time: 8:00 pm ET

  • Setup and Background

    1. Facilitator: Gloria Mattera
    2. Steering Committee Roll Call:
      1. Margaret Elisabeth (co-chair) – present
      2. Ahmed Eltouny (co-chair)
      3. Rei Stone-Grover (co-chair) – present
      4. Anita Rios (co-chair) – present
      5. Chris Stella (co-chair) – present
      6. Garrett Wasserman (co-chair) – present
      7. Tamar Yager (co-chair) – present
      8. Kristin Combs (secretary) – present
      9. Hillary Kane (treasurer) – present
    3. Observers: Lizzie Adams (FL), Manuel Aranda (Latinx), Diana C. Brown (CA), David Gerry (MA), Holly Hart (IA), Barabara Kidney (NY), Jake Kulaw (ME), Ann Link (NY), Starlene Rankin (NWC)
    4. Establish Quorum (9 current members, 8 members, quorum is 5) – MET
    5. Approve Agenda

Proposed: add discussion of GG statement to new business – CONSENSUS

  • New Business

    1. GPMN (ME) – discussion only

Action: ME will check with MN to see if they need any help

  1. Committee / Caucus Fundraising (KC)

Proposal: While we are in a fiscal crisis, committees cannot use staff time, nationbuilder or callhub to make targeted fundraising appeals. Caucuses must get permission from the SC to reach out to party members beyond their caucus membership. We will reach out to volunteers to request more support fundraising.

Objection from Chris: this seems to create a bottleneck for communication at the staff instead of actually saving staff time

Objection from Garrett: we shouldn’t restrict volunteers from fundraising


  1. GG Conf Rights of Nature & Antarctica Rights (ME) – discussion only

Action: KC will follow-up with Media Committee

  • Old Business

    1. COVID Statement

Action: GW will put together a proposal for the NC.

  1. ANM Date (TY)

ANM SC Survey

Proposal: Hold the ANM July 21-24, 2023. – CONSENSUS

  1. February 13 Meeting / Superbowl (KC) – discussion only

  • Standing Business

    1. Follow-up on Action Items
      1. Voting Rights and Russia Statements (GW)

Russia Statement in the works

  1. MOU to Susan and get her access (ME)

Expect new production software in about three months!

  1. Reports
    1. Secretary (KC) – delegation updates: WV, MI, MD, PA, Latinx
    2. Treasurer (HK) – TR to GNC Dec 21
    3. Fundraising (TY) – 2021 ytd Fundraising income.xlsx
    4. Staff (KC/HK/TY) – MEO bottom lining phone banking and training phone bank captains
    5. BAC (ME): currently under discussion to approve funding to help the Michael Hoh campaign in NC.  The NC committee members have made a persuasive argument and I expect BAC to vote to approve the funding request.  I’m not sure what the final numbers will be however the discussion is for 3-5k at the moment. Gini Lester, IL, elected as new Co-Chair.
    6. DRC (ME): No meeting this month.  There’s been some mix up with having the zoom link sent out for members to attend.  In any case, I have proposed the quorum call to the current Co-Chair, Darryl! Moch, who is in agreement with our plan to move forward with helping the DRC.
    7. CCC (HK) – livesteam just finished, nominations starting this week
    8. Fundcom (RSG): Script for textbanking, next text message being sent 1/31. As well as phone banking shifts through 2/8/22. Sign up here: https://www.gp.org/phonebank
    9. Outreach (RSG): started script for phonebanking
    10. CS: ARC, BRPP, Platcom
    11. Media (TY) – Tamar will send minutes
    12. Merch (TY) – YES caucus tshirts coming, still issue with Lavender

  • Voting Queue

    1. In the Queue
      1. 1072 – Approval of Tim Runkle to Fincom

Presenter: Steering Committee

Floor Manager (tentative): Tamar Yager

Stage: Pending Discussion

  1. 1073 – Approval of Bill Kreml to Fincom

Presenter: Steering Committee

Floor Manager (tentative): Anita Rios

Stage: Pending Discussion

  • Executive Session

    1. Staffing (HK)