June 12, 2022

Green Party US – Steering Committee Meeting Agenda

Date: Sunday, June 12, 2022, Time: 8:00 pm ET

  • Setup and Background

    1. Facilitator: Rei Stone-Grover
    2. Steering Committee Roll Call:
      1. Margaret Elisabeth (co-chair) – absent
      2. Ahmed Eltouny (co-chair) – absent
      3. Rei Stone-Grover (co-chair) – present
      4. Anita Rios (co-chair) – present
      5. Chris Stella (co-chair) – present
      6. Garrett Wasserman (co-chair) – absent
      7. Tamar Yager (co-chair) – present
      8. Kristin Combs (secretary) – present
      9. Hillary Kane (treasurer) – present
    3. Observers: Diana Brown (CA), David Gerry (MA), Holly Hart (IA), Barbara Kidney (NY), Gloria Mattera (NY), Starlene Rankin (NWC)
    4. Establish Quorum (9 current members, 6 present, quorum is 5) – MET
    5. Approve Agenda – CONSENSUS
  • New Business

    1. Restorative Justice Conference 7/6-7/9 (RSG)


Action: Explore expanded restorative/transformative justice practice throughout the party (RSG / CS)

  • Standing Business

    1. Follow-up on Action Items
      1. continue conversation / create proposal about ad hoc committee to support states (AR)

NO UPDATE: remove from future agendas

  1. get list of members in AR from NB (KC / AR)

Kristin will send to Anita tonight – DONE

  1. send voting software access request to Doonan (ME) – DONE
  2. Discuss on the list a trial period for usage of Loomio, Groups.io, or something else with the SC (HK)

Update: Pair is not planning to invest in mitigating issues with SPAM blocking from major email clients. Pair is currently $40/month. Groops.io is potentially cheaper than Pair at $20/month. Loomio is $149/month.

NOTE: Request to speak from Diana

  1. Notify staff of 6wks FT and discuss additional (and shifted) responsibilities for staff (TY / KC / HK) – DONE
  1. Reports
    1. Secretary (KC) – NC updates for ME, UT, WV
    2. Treasurer (HK) – cash on hand $13,800 in checking
    3. Fundraising (TY) – 2022 ytd Fundraising income.xlsx
    4. AC (RSG) – voting on elders caucus application
    5. Outreach (RSG) – phone banking for volunteers
    6. ANMC (AR) – We have 130 registered (last report was 93) as of 6-8-22; Tamar will create a list of those that attended the past 2 years but are not signed up for this meeting.  Jacqui Devaneau has said she will call them; Fundcom has decided to try to have another comedian this year.  Michael is working on this; Presenters have a June 15 deadline so we should have a lot to talk about next week; Everyone needs to register for the meeting.
    7. Ecoaction (AR) – They are waiting for confirmation that the platform amendment they submitted regarding the rights of nature will go to a vote.
    8. CS: 220612_ARC_BRPP_Platcom_Stella

NOTE: Request to speak from Holly

  1. Media (TY) – 6-8-22 Agenda & Min – MediaCom
  2. Merch (TY) – There is a $50 charge for items that are not fulfilled by FII (like our free downloads)