January 8, 2004

SC Call Notes — January 8, 2004

SC members: Jo Chamberlain, Greg Gerritt, Marnie Glickman, Ben Manski, Anita Rios, Jake Schneider
Staff: Emily Citkowski
Juscha Robinson

Call Functions:
Facilitator Jo and Jake
Note taker Emily

Abbreviations used:
AC = Accreditation Committee
BRPP = Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
BC = Black Caucus
CC = Coordinating Committee
CCC = Coordinated Campaign Committee
CG SC = Campus Greens Steering Committee
DC = Diversity Committee
FC = Fundraising Committee
FEC = Federal Election Commission
GP = Green Party
GW = George Washington University
IC = International Committee
ICA = Institute for Cultural Affairs
LC = Lavender Caucus
LG = Lavender Greens
PEC = Presidential Exploratory Committee
SC = Steering Committee
[Brackets denote editor’s suggested corrections. Some punctuation corrections done with no content change. -ed.]

Published Agenda
Agenda Review, set Facilitator, timekeeper


SC restructuring: Discussion with BRPP 45 minutes

Check in, Agenda Review
Add Presidential Debates & Voting Queue to agenda


1. Finances
Treasurers Report discussed, will vote on it over email.
Motion: to approve expenses for Electrician bill, NJ CDs, Computers, and software packages. Totaling $2,546 APPROVED
Motion: To delay mailing of Green Pages due to financial situation APPROVED

2. Budget
Motion: To ask the FinCom for a revised budget to be put to voting on the 15th APPROVED
Motion: That the FC budget be voted separately from the rest of the budget APPROVED with Ben standing aside saying “I am not in the position to challenge or affirm this motion”.

3. Office Report
Credit card sustainer problem will require lots of work Emily will consult with Ben on best way to fix it.

4. Convention
Update on plans for convention. ANM Committee working hard on planning. Registrations starting to come in. Discussed conflict of interest issues. Decided it’s been dealt with. No action needed at this time.

5. State of the Union Response
Discussed, need to keep it in mind. No action needed at this time

6. LC
The caucus is out of compliance, SC will ask the AC to issue a report which leaves open possibility for CC to deal with the issue. APPROVED

7. Political Director Hire
In light of the financial situation, a few SC members expressed deep concern over signing a contract to hire another staff person. It was pointed out that the potential new PD [is?] thinks that they’ve been hired and has already made plans to move. Everyone agreed that this is a big problem. Marnie: “I do not think we should indicate to people that they are hired until a contract is signed. I hope that this is done differently in the future.” Juscha invited on to the call as CCC co-chair and hiring committee member. Informed SC of PD’s impending move to DC. Expressed concern that the CCC had been led on, and that CCC is overworked as it is and needs help with administrative work.
Motion: To delay the decision for two weeks.
Yes: Anita, Greg, Jake, Jo, Marnie. Anita expressed the concern that our financial situation would not be significantly changed and that the 2 week time frame wouldn’t even be long enough for us to make reasonable projections.
No: Ben
Motion: For Marnie and Anita to talk to PD ASAP, along and in consultation with members of the CCC hiring committee. PASSED
Motion: To look into hiring an intern to assist CCC with administrative work, until PD comes on staff. PASSED

8. Presidential Debate The PEC has become a working group of the new Presidential Campaign Support Committee (PCSC). Four debates scheduled: Jan 28 in Rhode Island, Jan 29 in Boston, Feb 14 in California, and Feb 16 in Minnesota.

9. BRPP Proposal BRPP invited to the next SC call to clarify their proposal.

10. Black Caucus Greg reported on progress of discussions between SC and BC regarding contract for the National Director of African American Affairs. Have been discussing drafting a Memo of Understanding. Discussions will continue.

Next meeting Jan 15th at 9:30

Adjourned at 11:45
Minimally edited and HTML formatted by Charlie Green