July 15, 2005

SC Call Notes — 15 July 2005

SC: Jo Chamberlain, Jake Schneider, Marc Sanson, Maya O’Connor, Gwen Wages, Peggy Lewis, Greg Gerritt, Jody Haug, Brent McMillan.
Emily Citkowski and Ruth Weill joined for relevant sections.

Notes – Greg

Abbreviations used:
AC = Accreditation Committee
ANM, ANMC = Annual National Meeting Committee
BAWG = Ballot Access Working Group
BRPP = Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
BC = Black Caucus
CC = Coordinating Committee
CCC = Coordinated Campaign Committee
CG SC = Campus Greens Steering Committee
ComCom = Communications Committee
DC = Diversity Committee
DIA = Democracy in Action internet service
DRC = Dispute Resolution Committee
FC = Fundraising Committee
FEC = Federal Election Commission
GP = Green Party
IC = International Committee
LC = Lavender Caucus
NPWG = Nominating Process Working Group
NWC = National Women’s Caucus
PEC = Presidential Exploratory Committee
PCSC = Presidential Campaign Support Committee
SC = Steering Committee
SPWG = Strategic Plan Working Group
[Brackets denote editor’s suggested corrections. Some punctuation corrections done with no content change. -ed.]

Published Agenda
5 min – facilitator, times, note taker (Greg); agenda revisions

30 min – staff reports
Brent – PD/CCC/BAWG/Comm on Presidential Debates//FD/Asst//etc.
Emily – OD/Interns//office move//Online Fundraising Consultant//etc.

10 min – Voting Queue (Greg)
#152 ANM budget done; five in voting phase (done 17-19 July), ten in discussion phase; new?

5 min – Working Groups follow up – SPWG (Brent); NPWG (Steve)

20 min – budget (Jake)
response to Diane regarding ANM budget (Jo) – response sent – or needed?
5 min – plenary agenda (Greg); scheduling (Gwen, Emily); tabling (Gwen)
10 min – election issues: software (Emily); elections team (Greg); printed ballots (?)
10 min – miscellaneous: delegate packet, peacekeepers, etc.
5 min – new SC Sunday afternoon meeting, F2F meeting in September (Jody)

15 minutes – Now or next SC:
Delegate Privacy Policy (Steve)
Staff harassment, listserv situation
IC listserv protocol to NC?
BRPP listserv/committee members update – after BRPP elections
DRC – need proposal to expand mission

Portfolio reports:
10 min – FINANCE (Jake, Marc): FinCom, FunCom
5 min – ELECTORAL (Jo, Steve): CCC, Office Holders Network, PCSC, Legal Team
5 min – POLICY (Greg, Gwen): Platform, Peace, Intnl, DC; American Patriot Party proposal, impeachment post from NC
5 min – OUTREACH (Peggy): Media, Green Pages, Merchandise, Campus Greens
5 min – INTERNAL (Maya): Personnel, Dispute Resolution; (Greg) BRPP
5 min – INTERNAL (Jody): Accreditation, ComCom, Event Planning

Agenda Review

Voting Queue:
Discussion of how to respond to questions on 153-155. Jody will ask NY which they think are bylaws, which are not. Also need to be clear that if the NC wants to there can be votes on these in Tulsa.

Jake as floor manager will send out further response on why 149 was pulled. Because the ILGP which is the sponsor, asked us to as they wanted to work on it more.

Question on quorums for facilitators. 32 states or caucuses vote, as usual.

Skipped Working group reports


Agreed that there can be a one day registration fee. $75.00

Agenda, workshop rooms still in flux, working to save us money on room rentals by moving alot into John Mabee hall. Marc wil send Campus Greens a note saying they have a meeting on Saturday scheduled.

SC will meet every morniing early in John Mabee beginning Wednesday. SC wioll have seats together to confer and be able to sit with delegations.

Election team, found more volunteers, and tech folks need to confer with Jonathna Lundellnd Susan Dridi bto be ready to handle software for IRV. Jo, Gwen, Peggy, Ruth, and Phil H??? are the volunteers.

Election ballots. Will print out ballots in Tulsa. Delegates will write their name and states on them.

Delegate packets basically ready. Still have only a few bios

Discussion of how to present potential changes at office in Tulsa. Lease is running out, staff is researching, need to present where we are now. Include in SC report. SC needs to think about how to presnt report.

ANMC is working on registration stuff. ANMC and Finance folks will contnue to work with University.

Discussion of security and making sure we have connections with campus security just in case. Jody and Peggy will be liasions with campus security.

Skipped portfolio reports

Adjourned at 8:49 PM EDT
Minimally edited and HTML formatted by Charlie Green