June 3, 2005

SC Call Notes — 3 June 2005

SC: Jo Chamberlain, Peggy Lewis, Marc Sanson, Gwen Wages, Jake Schneider, Steve Kramer, Maya O’Connor, Greg Gerritt
Staff Brent McMillan, Emily Citkowski

Facilitator Jo, Peggy, Timekeeper Gwen, notes Greg

Abbreviations used:
AC = Accreditation Committee
ANM, ANMC = Annual National Meeting Committee
BAWG = Ballot Access Working Group
BRPP = Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
BC = Black Caucus
CC = Coordinating Committee
CCC = Coordinated Campaign Committee
CG SC = Campus Greens Steering Committee
ComCom = Communications Committee
DC = Diversity Committee
DIA = Democracy in Action internet service
DRC = Dispute Resolution Committee
FC = Fundraising Committee
FEC = Federal Election Commission
GP = Green Party
IC = International Committee
LC = Lavender Caucus
NPWG = Nominating Process Working Group
NWC = National Women’s Caucus
PEC = Presidential Exploratory Committee
PCSC = Presidential Campaign Support Committee
SC = Steering Committee
SPWG = Strategic Plan Working Group
[Brackets denote editor’s suggested corrections. Some punctuation corrections done with no content change. -ed.]

Published Agenda
5 min – facilitator, times, note taker (Greg); agenda revisions
20 min – staff reports
Brent – PD/CCC/BAWG//FD, //etc.
Emily – OD/Interns//office move//etc.

5 min – Voting Queue (Greg) – FinCom membership revisited; ANM budget
5 min – Work Groups follow up – SPWG (Brent); NPWG (Steve, Greg)
5 min – Listserv and committee members update (Jody)
10 min – Functional communication, listserv inappropriate behavior (Greg)
5 min – Delegate Privacy Policy (Greg)
10 min – FL lawsuit (Jody, Emily, Steve)
5 min – FairVote proposal from 4 May (Brent)
5 min – Commission on Presidential Debates (Greg)

Portfolio reports:
20 min – FINANCE (Jake, Marc): FinCom, FunCom Online Fundraising Consultant//Fundraising Asst Coordinator (Jake)
5 min – ELECTORAL (Jo, Steve): CCC, Office Holders Network, PCSC, Legal Team
5 min – POLICY (Greg, Gwen): Platform, Peace, Intnl, DC Resolution of Inquiry endorsement; Power of the SC discussion on list
5 min – OUTREACH (Peggy): Media, Green Pages, Merchandise, Campus Greens
5 min – INTERNAL (Maya): Personnel, Dispute Resolution; (Greg): BRPP
10 min – INTERNAL (Jody): Accreditation, ComCom, Event Planning

Agenda Review add discussion of IPPN meeting

Staff reports
Political Director Hat: May be a campaign school in TX. Concerns about CCC, no quorum on last 2 calls. Sent out 2005 candiates call, have matching funds available. Candidates around the country are starting to come in, more expected with June conventions.

COFOE has started to raise its profile. Clear evidence of 3rd parties working together on ballot access issues, and now going higher profile.

Fundraising Hat: Direct mail going very well. 315 donations in May from mailings. A resolicitation brought in $14,000, OH recount list doing very well, and all are new Green donors. Also brought in new sustainers. Have hired Morgen D’arc to be fundraising assistant. Need to step up work on major donors, and will now that fundraising asst is in place.

New interns for summer. Interns that have been with us a while will be getting small stipends for summer. Have one very regular volunteer from DC area coming in every week. Need to file 1099 for interns getting stipends.
Meeting with landlord this week to discuss office situation. Now that fundraising asst is hired, next is on line outreach person.

Voting Queue:
Add to voting queue Diversity Committee proposal need to check on a few things with DC, once that is done Steve will floor manage.

Fin Comm proposal, suggested a few edits. Will get up on voting page with edits. Vote with no discussion. Jake will floor manage.

Biodemocracy convergence endorsement, questions about insurance. Maya will follow up with PA delegation. Gwen will floor manage if this is settled.

Roll call and agenda approval: 3 week discussion, Marc will floor manage.

LA bylaw amendment on committees 3 weeks discussion, Greg will floor manage.

By law change on terminology ASGP to GPUS 3 week discussion, Jo will floor manage.

Working Groups:
SPWG Brent reports Survey is out, results are coming in. Survey closes June 19, then analysis

Presidential Nominating Process WG Not very active the past week. Asked Phil Huckleberry to have a discussion with PCSC about areas of concern to both groups. WG is looking at how to handle no candidate, none of the above. PCSC wants some guidance on the early exploratory phase of the campaign. WG sunsets at Tulsa meeting, probably will not be anywhere nearly finished with its work.

PCSC met recently and will be conveying to WG that it needs to begin the exploratory phase very soon, so they are hoping the PNPWG discusses this right off.

List serves:
skip item

List serve behavior:
skip item

Delegate privacy policy:
Steve has sent a draft to SC to look over.

Fl lawsuit:
skip item

asked us to cosponsor a series of events in DC this summer. Seems more appropriate for local action by DC, MD, and VA greens. If state parties ask NC to act, then we can.

IPPN meeting:
Marc can not go, so we shall seek someone from the NY metro area to attend.

Portfolio review

Finance Portfolio
Fin Comm proposal more suggested edits. On line coordinator receiving resumes scheduling interviews.
Tulsa budget ready to be voted on.

Electoral Portfolio
CCC is not meeting quorum

Office holders website has disappeared, need to bring it in house. Office holders have a new list. Need to bring candidates database in house as well.
Legal, we have a draft of job description for volunteer Party legal team leader. Need to send it to NC for suggestions and to get a sense if the NC wants to decide who to take on or if that is a personnel decision.

Policy Portfolio
Platform summaries, need to find out what will be available in Tulsa. IC working on things for OAS meeting.
Peace, read off a list of projects that co chair has sent to Peace committee list. Seems they are on top of things.

Outreach Portfolio
People are clamoring for a new bumpersticker with Earth flower logo.
Campus Greens still working on their internal structure, SC continues to provide what assistance we can.

Internal portfolio
DRC has received a request for help. Processing it now. Personnel has been busy with hiring two new positions, Need to resurrect communications committee, but its work seems to have been divided up between code weavers, the Secretary, and BRPP. Maybe need a new IT committee.

Annual meeting:
Need to work on this a lot. Greg and Gwen are working on agenda and committee/workshop slots.

Entered closed session to discuss personnel issues at 9:10 PM

Adjourned 9:30 PM EDT
Minimally edited and HTML formatted by Charlie Green