November 19, 2004

SC Call Notes — November 19, 2004

SC – Jody Haug, Gwen Wages, Gray Newman, Maya O’Connor, Peggy Lewis, Jo Chamberlain, Jake Schneider, Marc Sanson, Greg Gerritt
Staff – Brent McMillan, Emily Citkowski

Facilitator: Jody Time: Maya Notes: greg

Abbreviations used:
AC = Accreditation Committee
ANM, ANMC = Annual National Meeting Committee
BRPP = Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
BC = Black Caucus
CC = Coordinating Committee
CCC = Coordinated Campaign Committee
CG SC = Campus Greens Steering Committee
ComCom = Communications Committee
DC = Diversity Committee
DRC = Dispute Resolution Committee
FC = Fundraising Committee
FEC = Federal Election Commission
GP = Green Party
IC = International Committee
LC = Lavender Caucus
NWC = National Women’s Caucus
PEC = Presidential Exploratory Committee
PCSC = Presidential Campaign Support Committee
SC = Steering Committee
[Brackets denote editor’s suggested corrections. Some punctuation corrections done with no content change. -ed.]

Published Agenda
Draft Agenda

2 hours 30 minutes

5 min – facilitator, timer, note taker (Greg)
10 min – Ohio recount info from Cobb/LaMarche campaign as available (Marc?)
20 min – staff reports (Brent, Emily)

30 min – FINANCE Portfolio(Jake, Marc, Kara): Finance, FundCom

10 min – Executive Session (7:30 pm EDT, following schedule to be adjusted as necessary)
15 min – Voting Queue
20 min – Listserv membership and posting concerns
10 min – SC FTF meeting

Portfolio reports: 10 min – ELECTORAL (Gray, Jo): CCC, Office Holder Network, PCSC, Legal Team
10 min – POLICY (Greg, Gwen): Platform, Peace, Intnl, DC, Strategic Plan
10 min – OUTREACH (Peggy): Media, Green Pages, Merchandise, Speakers Bureau
10 min – INTERNAL (Maya): Personnel, Dispute Resolution; (Greg): BRPP
10 min – INTERNAL (Jody): Accreditation (with Maya), ComCom, Event Planning SC instruction to AC re GPU situation

Ohio Recount: Cobb campaign raised $150,000 for recount, now raising money to get volunteers to be able to monitor recount.

Staff Reports
Brent: For CCC – he did election follow up and analysis and has jumped into preparations for 2005. He is also working on getting donor lists from candidates for party lists and mailings. Request for precinct by precinct analysis of Presidential campaign results. SC does not believe it is a good use of Brent’s time. Gray will write a letter to CC explaining this.

Emily: Office phones have been very active with requests, questions. Working on refining income reporting practices. Green Unity Card project has not been picked up again yet. Want to do a flyer based on MAC ad another on IRV and maybe some others.
Florida Recount: Not sure what will happen. Greens in FL are talking to lots of people to see what is best to do, but with lots of resources tied up in OH, may not be enough resources for this project as well. Emily will also work with Cobb campaign to get donor lists from campaign and recount as soon as practical.

Voting Queue:
NWC vote is almost over, looks like it will pass handily.

Further discussion of two working group resolutions, did some modifications. Marc will repost new language, cleaning up membership, expanding membership on the presidential campaign WG, extend deadlines. PC WG now to be one person per state and caucus. For both WG picking volunteers extended to Jan 31, preliminary reports due April 15 and final reports June 1.

Budget is generating no discussion what so ever.

Fiscal policy we are up to draft 6. Jake will finish this Monday and we shall try to get it onto the voting page for 2 week discussion so it can be voted on simultaneously with the budget. Marc will floor manage, Jake present.
List membership and posting. Want a read only for observers, not sure if it works on these lists. Discussion of state control [of] state residents on the lists versus the larger needs of the GPUS for institutional memory. Also brought in issues of list disruptions and committee disruptions. Maya and Gray will work on this.

[February] Face to Face meeting Postponed discussion.

Portfolio review

Electoral Portfolio
CCC is concerned that it will have no money next year, so they are starting to think about fundraising. Office holders network is getting a new list on gpus server rather than independently controlled. A CCC member was elected to office so the CCC will need a new member. Elected official may stay on as adviser, the CCC will discuss this.

Policy Portfolio
Need to get up to speed with Diversity Committee, Gwen has started that work.

Media Committee is busy. Does not want to work on a speakers bureau. Green pages is in production, and will need a new editor for next issue. Merchandise has asked for a reorder of materials to sell. Need better controls and records of how much merchandise is actually selling so we can get a better handle on how profitable it is. SC is concerned with fiscal crunch about ordering too much stuff so further research will be done.

DRC rules passed so they are working on getting up and running. Intake committee is the issue now and there is one very disruptive member making it hard to set up the intake process, a member who has disrupted in other places as well.
Who represents the GP of UT? Ask the AC to investigate and report back to SC. Annual National meeting committee is finally convening and will start asking states to apply to host next summer’s meeting asap.

Financial portfolio
$14,000 will be deposited Monday, Fiscal policy work has been priority this past week.
Entered Executive session at 8:30 PM to discuss personnel.
Minimally edited and HTML formatted by Charlie Green