GPUS Steering Committee Agenda, Sunday 12 November 2017 – 8:00 pm ET
SUMMARY FOR DISTRIBUTION TO STATES AND LOCAL CHAPTER:
1. New Business: Endorsement of 19 November Unity March for Puerto Rico in DC; Letter to
AFL-CIO and other unions inviting them to discuss collaboration on electoral reform.
2. Voting Queue: Amend Annual National Meeting Committee Bylaws/Mission Statement/ Committee Rules – voting ends 12 November; For the Queue: Proposal for GPUS to join the United Nations Antiwar Coalition (UNAC); Presenter: GPAX; 1/2 threshold, 1/2 quorum; requested timeline – 3 week discussion 1 week vote, need floor manager; link to be added
3. Old Business: ETC final report; List of pending agenda items
4. Executive Session: 2017 Budget, Staff Recommendations to the SC; Potential legal issue
The full agenda is available at http://gpus.org/sc-agenda-november-12-2017
The call recording will be available at
Jody Grage, Secretary
GPUS Steering Committee Agenda, Sunday 12 November -2017 – 8:00 p.m. ET
OBSERVERS: The SC has increased the number of observers from 5 to 10 as a first step toward wider participation. Sign up to observe under the heading at http://gpus.org/committees/steering/minutes/. SC Rules, Policies, and Procedures state: NC delegates and alternates can observe the call by contacting the SC Secretary at least 24 hours in advance on a first come, first served basis. Delegates and alternates who have never observed on a call will receive priority over those who have. Observers may observe only and may not participate or ask questions during the call unless they have specifically requested to be added to the agenda in advance. A separate call number shall be reserved by the SC as necessary for executive session discussions.
I. CALL SETUP & BACKGROUND – 15 min.
a) Facilitator: Charles Sherrouse
b) Roll call
c) Start recording of call
d) Agenda revision suggestions
II. NEW BUSINESS – 10 min
a) Endorsement of 19 November Unity March for Puerto Rico in DC – Darlene
b) Letter to AFL-CIO and other unions inviting conversation with GPUS on electoral reform – Mike
I propose that the SC send a letter/email to the AFL-CIO inviting them to talk and to collaborate on electoral reform. I think we can also mention collaboration on local races. Highlight our long-held policy positions, union leaders and union-endorsed candidates in our ranks, and general reaffirming our alignment on two-party corruption.
III. STANDING BUSINESS – 35 min.
a) Treasurer’s report – Hillary Kane, 20 min.
Treasurer’s Report to the GNC
Budget requests: none
Annual National Meeting final report – 5 min.
b) Fundraising report – Starlene Rankin, 5 min.
c) Personnel Working Group update – Darryl!, 5 min.
IV. VOTING QUEUE – Jody – 5 min.
In the queue:
Amend Annual National Meeting Committee Bylaws/Mission Statement/ Committee Rules;
Presenter: SC; Floor Manager: Chris Blankenhorn; 2/3 threshold; Voting 11/06/17-11/12/17; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FqPE85h5jBmxHEXaHcY2qY2DuzY7245OxlsQfo4w0WE/edit?usp=sharing
Received for the queue:
Proposal for GPUS to join the United Nations Antiwar Coalition (UNAC); Presenter: GPAX; 1/2 threshold, 1/2 quorum; requested timeline – 3 week discussion 1 week vote, need floor manager; link to be added
V. OLD BUSINESS – 15 min
a) ETC Final Report – Committee – 5 min
b) List of pending agenda items – very brief updates as necessary – 10 min
1. Staff computer purchase protocol recommendation from FinCom – Jody
2. Strategic planning scheduling – Jody
3. Speakers Bureau – Chris/Darryl!
4. Election database Phase II and III update – Hillary
5. Voting page maintenance/Tech issues update – Chris
End recording of call
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSION – 45 min
2017 Budget, Staff Recommendations to the SC; Potential legal issue
TOTAL TIME: 3 hours
Jody Grage, Secretary