SC Agenda November 26, 2017
GPUS Steering Committee Agenda, Sunday 26 November 2017 – 8:00 pm ET
SUMMARY FOR DISTRIBUTION TO STATES AND LOCAL CHAPTERS:
1. Standing Business: Treasurer’s Report, Fundraising Report
2. Voting Queue: Proposal for GPUS to join the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC); Presenter: GPAX; Floor Manager Gloria Mattera, Majority of Yes and No Votes; Discussion 11/20/17-12/10/17, Voting 12/11/17-12/17/17; https://secure.gpus.org/cgi-bin/vote/propdetail?pid=887
3. Old Business: 2018 Budget, Letter to AFL-CIO; Review pending agenda items
4. Discussion with Jill Stein: Work and role within GPUS, continue to push the agenda forward; status of campaign operations
5. Executive Session: Potential legal issue; 2018 Budget,
The full agenda is available at http://gpus.org/sc-agenda-2017-11-26/
The call recording will be available at 712-451-0309, 936334#, reference 11
Jody Grage, Secretary
GPUS Steering Committee Agenda, Sunday 26 November -2017 – 8:00 p.m. ET
OBSERVERS: The SC has increased the number of observers from 5 to 10 as a first step toward wider participation. Sign up to observe under the heading at http://gpus.org/committees/steering/minutes/. SC Rules, Policies, and Procedures state: NC delegates and alternates can observe the call by contacting the SC Secretary at least 24 hours in advance on a first come, first served basis. Delegates and alternates who have never observed on a call will receive priority over those who have. Observers may observe only and may not participate or ask questions during the call unless they have specifically requested to be added to the agenda in advance. A separate call number shall be reserved by the SC as necessary for executive session discussions.
I. CALL SETUP & BACKGROUND – 15 min.
a) Facilitator: TBD
b) Roll call
c) Start recording of call
d) Agenda revision suggestions
II. NEW BUSINESS – none
III. STANDING BUSINESS – 25 min.
a) Treasurer’s report – Hillary Kane, 20 min.
Treasurer’s Report to the GNC
Budget requests: none
b) Fundraising report – Starlene Rankin, 5 min.
IV. VOTING QUEUE – Jody – 5 min.
In the queue: Proposal for GPUS to join the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC); Presenter: GPAX; Floor Manager Gloria Mattera, Majority of Yes and No Votes; Discussion 11/20/17-12/10/17, Voting 12/11/17-12/17/17; https://secure.gpus.org/cgi-bin/vote/propdetail?pid=887
V. OLD BUSINESS – 65 min
a) 2018 Budget – discussion and decisions (except for staffing consideration in Executive Session) – Hillary – 45 min
b) Letter to AFL-CIO and other unions inviting conversation with GPUS on electoral reform – Mike – 10 min
c) Review pending agenda items – very brief updates as available – 10 min
1. Staff computer purchase protocol recommendation from FinCom – Hillary
2. Strategic planning scheduling – George
3. Speakers Bureau – Chris/Darryl!
4. Election database Phase II and III update – Hillary
5. Voting page maintenance/Tech issues update – Chris
6. ANM Final Financial report – by 31 December – Hillary
7. Personnel Working Group update – Darryl!, 5 min.
8. Progressive Independent Party update – after 28 Nov – Gloria, Darryl!
9. ETC Final Report – Committee
10. Location on gp.org for candidate statements/press releases – Gloria
VI. Discussion with Jill Stein – 15 min.
a) Work and role within GPUS and how she can continue to push the agenda forward (fundraising, speakers bureau, public events, ballot access and candidate support)
b) Status of campaign operations
End recording of call
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION – 60 min.
Potential legal issue; Staff consideration for 2018 Budget
TOTAL TIME: 3 hours 5 min
Jody Grage, Secretary