Animal Rights Committee – Mission Statement
Animal Rights Committee Mission Statement
Section I Mission Statement
1-1 Inform and advise Green Party candidates and officeholders on animal rights issues.
1-2 Develop resolutions and official position statements on animal rights issues, consistent with the GPUS Platform, for consideration by the National Committee.
1-3 Develop amendments to the GPUS Platform on animal rights issues, for consideration by the National Committee.
1-4 Propose endorsement of legislation of national and state significance, as well as endorsement of marches, demonstrations and similar actions of national significance, that support animal rights and are consistent with the GPUS Platform, for consideration by the National Committee.
1-5 Advise the Media Committee on animal rights issues, consistent with the GPUS platform, for inclusion in press releases and other public outreach.
1-6 Develop articles on animal rights issues, with a focus on their connection to the Green Party, for inclusion in GPUS official publications.
1-7 Develop graphics and other content on animal rights issues, consistent with the GPUS Platform, for use in GPUS social media.
1-8 Connect animal rights issues to other green issues, and develop intersectional strategies based upon these connections to build the Green Party.
1-9 Serve as a resource on animal rights issues to state Green Parties and local Greens.
1-10 Make recommendations to the appropriate GPUS decision-making bodies to promote consistency of GPUS internal practices with regard to animal rights positions in the GPUS Platform, resolutions, and position statements.
1-11 Provide education and outreach on animal rights issues to the general public.
Section II Duties and Responsibilities
2.1 Report on the activities of the Animal Rights Committee to the National Committee at the Annual National Meeting, either orally, in writing or both, and at any other intervals as requested by the National Committee.
2.2 Submit requests for budgeted funds according to the procedures defined in the GPUS Fiscal Policy.
2.3 Administer the Animal Rights Committee email list, and any social media used for internal communications of the Animal Rights Committee.
2.4 Participate in the periodic review of Committee Rules of the Animal Rights Committee, as conducted by the Committee on Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures.
2.5 Propose amendments to the Committee Rules of the Animal Rights Committee for approval by the National Committee as are necessary to fulfill the committee’s mission, duties and responsibilities.
2.6 Provide new committee members with training and orientation in the Purpose, Mission, and Rules of the Animal Rights Committee.
- Accreditation Committee
- Animal Rights Committee
- Annual National Meeting Committee
- Apportionment Tabulation Committee
- Ballot Access Committee
- Bylaws, Rules, Policies and Procedures Committee
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Dispute Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Eco Action Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Green Pages Editorial Board
- International Committee
- Media Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Peace Action Committee
- Platform Committee
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Candidate Questionnaires for the 2016 GPUS Presidential Nomination
- Candidates seeking the 2016 Green Party presidential nomination
- How to Seek the Green Party’s presidential nomination (2016)
- Outreach and Exploratory Candidate questionnaire for the 2016 GPUS presidential nomination – Presidential Campaign Support Committee
- Presidential Campaign Calendar 2015-2016
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Members
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Mission Statement
- Presidential Campaign Support Committee – Reference Documents
- Presidential Support Campaign Committee – Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Candidates Seeking the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nomination
- What the GPUS has to offer to a prospective Green presidential candidate (2016)
- Steering Committee
- Steering Committee – Committee Assignments (2016 – 2017)
- Steering Committee – Minutes
- Steering Committee – Past Elections and Members
- Steering Committee – Sub-Committees
- Steering Committee – Databases and Web Access Polices
- Steering Committee – GPUS Personnel Manual
- Steering Committee – Internal Procedures
- Steering Committee – Rules, Policies & Procedures